5.03.2010

Friendship: A Final Goodbye With The Girls

A Final Goodbye With The Girls
By: Rebecca Henry

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Becky is featured in the middle (31 weeks pregnant) 
with her four friends: Claire, Yolanda, Julie and Laurie.

I can’t believe three years have passed since I first moved to England. I vividly remember the day I arrived in Britain. Being a Floridian, I found my new surroundings dark, gray and bleak. But soon I learned to appreciate the beauty of English weather and the warm people that live in it.

It didn’t take long before I started calling England home. Over the past three years I have made some lovely friends, adopted a gorgeous Great Dane, (even a cute loving budgie) and experienced many British festivals, events, holidays and of course excellent food! I was even fortunate enough to participate as a bride’s maid at Yolanda's wedding in the English Countryside.


I’m so sad to say that Saturday night was the final time I would ever be with my four close friends in England again. Even though I still have nineteen days remaining before my move to Singapore, Saturday was the last time all five of us could get together for a final girl’s night.  I will miss every one of them dearly and I’m so blessed to have made such loving friends in my short stay in Great Britain.

"Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there."
-Author Unknown
Create Custom Photo Book & Gifts
For Families, Friends, Children & Babies

No comments: