5.20.2010

Beauty Tips for the Natural Girl

Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil
By Rebecca Henry


Coconut Oil for Glowing Skin:
My top beauty secret for radiant skin and shinny hair is Virgin Coconut Oil. I'm going to share with you some great tips on how to use Virgin Coconut Oil and the benefits your skin and hair will receive by using it.

Many women try to find that perfect skin cream that will give their face that super model glow, but did you know that the secret may not be in a store prepackaged container?  Instead of running to the beauty isle in the grocery store, try looking in ethnic section for Virgin Coconut Oil. Apply a dab onto your face, neck and hands for smooth, radiant skin.
What makes Coconut Oil such a great skin moisturizer is how easily it’s absorbed into the skin. One of the remarkable benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil is how it fights free-radicals skin cells. Not only does it soften rough skin, but it is also loaded with antioxidants. So not only do you walk away with radiant skin, but you are also preventing wrinkles!

Coconut Oil as a Hair Conditioner:
My deep confession is that I love to color my hair! I make a trip to the salon once every 3-4 months for my maintenance color treatments. What makes this damaging ritual possible for me is my habitual Coconut Oil Conditioning Treatment. After I color my hair I always use this deep conditioning treatment immediately after my hair has been dyed. Then I maintain by following a daily leave in conditioner routine.

DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT: Apply 3-4 teaspoons of coconut oil to your hair.
Massage into your scalp and leave on for 2-3 hours. Then shampoo as usual.

ALL-DAY LONG TREATMENT: Apply a small amount of coconut oil in your hand, rub together, then apply the oil to towel dry hair (all you need is half a teaspoon).  Start from the ends and work your way up, but stop in the middle. You don't want to apply the oil to the scalp. That will give your hair a greasy look! If you do apply too much just re-wash your hair.

TO TREAT DANDRUFF: Use coconut oil as a pre-shampoo treatment. Massage 2 teaspoons of coconut oil into your scalp about half hour to an hour before shampooing. Doing this on a regular basis will keep your scalp dandruff free.

So if your looking for a spa pamper treatment, but do not want to pay the high price tag for it, try one of these Coconut Oil treatments and see if your skin/hair loves the results!

Create Eco Friendly Photo Books & Gifts
For Families, Friends, Children & Babies

5 comments:

Noreen said...

I Love your posts you're doing a wonderful job. I think i'm going to try the oil, hopefully it's not too late..LOL...Keep up the good work..I also want to say I ordered a book for my mom and I think it came out wonderful, I think she's going to love it as much as i did..

Tara said...

Sorry to hear about Friday Follow. I loved linking up.

I have been hosting Follow Me Fridays at Trendy Treehouse for a while now. I would love to have you join in.

http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you there! Have a wonderful weekend!

InspiredGifts.com said...

Thanks Mom :)
I swear by the coconut oil. Let me know if you see results from it. I'm so glad you liked the mother's day book!! I hope your mom loves it.
Love and miss you
Becky xox

Akiko said...

You are absolutely right, beautiful skin, hair, and body come from EVCO! Thanks for the tips!

Denise said...

Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse's Follow Me Friday to say Hi!

Stop by. I have several giveaways:
E-Mealz
List PlanIt
EvoraPlus

http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com