4.19.2010

Tackle it Tuesday: HELP! Moving to Singapore!!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Help! Not ready for the Move to SINGAPORE!
By: Rebecca Henry

It’s Tuesday and I should be getting ready for the movers coming tomorrow, but instead I’m writing this blog. We are making our second international move next month to Singapore!! My family moved to England three years ago from Maryland and at the time that seemed like a journey. I cannot even image what’s in store for us with this next move! To add a cherry on top, I’m making this move EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT!

Becky above with her beautiful daughter, Penelope

Before your jaw drops… YES! I am allowed to fly at 34 weeks. Trust me, no one was more shocked about that than me!!! I was stunned to learn that pregnant women are allowed to fly on most airlines until their ninth month. Thank God that won’t be me. Fingers crossed my water won’t break on the flight from London to Asia. Just in case, I purchased a midwife book on how to deliver at home.  A present for Dave, my husband, since he would be the one stuck on the airplane with me in labor. Lord help us both if that ever happened! LOL.

All in all, we are very excited, eager and optimistic about our new home in Singapore. So why are we making another big life changing move to a new country in such a short period of time? Because my hubby works for the state department and we are blessed with the opportunity to travel and live in different countries around the world. Dave and I are a couple of traveling bugs, so for us this is an ideal lifestyle. In fact, Dave was the first person who took me out of the country when I was just a teenager. He was my high school sweet heart and I joined him and his family for a weekend getaway to the Bahamas. I’ve been addicted to exploring ever since. It only seems fitting I would see the world by his side.

So what should I be doing on this beautiful Tuesday besides sit here at my laptop and type this blog? I should be organizing my life in nice neat piles so I can show the movers what I want moved. And am I doing it?? No, not yet!

Help! I’m not ready for the move to Singapore!

No matter what job you’re tackling today, hope you have a more productive Tackle it Tuesday than me! See you next week. 

To check out what other people are tackling today, click here.

Create Custom Photo Book & Gifts
For Families, Friends, Children & Babies

14 comments:

Coupon Clippin' Daddy said...

Found your blog on FF. I'm now a follower!

www.couponclippindaddy.com

MageeMommy said...

WOOOOOW! That is a big move and wow that you are doing this 8 months pregnant. Hope everything goes great tomorrow!!!

MageeMommy
http://mageebaby.blogspot.com

I'm a full-time mummy said...

All the best to you in Singapore. We're just hours apart then! (I'm in Malaysia btw ;p)

Ann said...

Wow that is a BIG move! I pray that every thing goes well and you have a safe trip!

InspiredGifts.com said...

Thank you so much Magee Mommy and Ann! I've got all fingers and toes crossed that things will go smooth with the movers tomorrow. I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant so I can't really do much to help out. Lifting things is out of the question so I'm basically just giving orders lol but it's still stressful. I never like to move. -becky :)

InspiredGifts.com said...

Hi Full Time Mommy! I remember reading you are living in Malaysia on your blog. I've been told there is a bridge connecting Singapore to Malaysia and it's very east to drive there. I'm a bit worried about the jet lag though, I have trouble with it just going from MD to England. I can't imagine what it will be like being a whole 12 hours difference from my family in MD. Hope you have a happy TT -becky

Natalie said...

Good luck with your move, Becky! I'm sure all will go smoothly :) Much love, Nat

InspiredGifts.com said...

Thanks Nat!! So far it's a bit rocky.
Hugs and Kisses xox

Jerri said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by and commenting today! Hope you guys have a safe trip!

TDM Wendy said...

You are a trooper! Singapore watch out!

Scrapping Servant said...

Hey thanks for visiting me. I can't believe you like my "painting clothes" :)

You have a GIANT tackle ahead of you my dear - I will pray for you and that all this will not effect your pregnancy.

You look wonderful for eight months!!!

Debrah said...

Oh my goodness that is quite the move! Thanks for the follow and I am returning it now!

I changed my url: http://www.housewifeeclectic.com/

InspiredGifts.com said...

Hi Ladies!

Oh no I'm not eight months pregnant in that picture, haha. I'm 30 weeks now and when we move I'll be 34 weeks. Very scary...eeks. Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and prayers everyone!

-becky

Angie said...

I'm so happy to hear you weren't eight months pregnant in that picture! I was feeling quite jealous.

Good luck on your new adventure!