4.11.2010

Pregnancy Tips for Relaxing

It’s Ok to Know Your Limits
By: Rebecca Henry

Being pregnant is a beautiful time in a woman's life. The promise of a new life growing inside of you, the wonderful possibilities that new baby will bring and the eternal bond of motherhood blooming inside your womb for nine months. However pregnancy can also be a stressful time in a mother's life. You have the constant demand to care and look after your children while feeling the emotional and physical stress of pregnancy. It's ok to be overwhelmed and feel over extended. Realizing your limits is the first step in accepting your new pregnancy and the child you already have. Here are some tips to make your pregnancy stress free and relaxing while caring for your little one.

1: Take a Time Out
Time outs are not just for little ones; they are for moms too! My 4 year old knows when mommy is cranky and needs her nap! She looks at me with her big brown eyes and gingerly takes my hand into hers and says very lovingly "mommy you need a time out."
And just like a 4 year old, I nod and follow her up the stairs to my bed. I use to fight the urge to lie down and rest. I felt I needed to stay awake and entertain my daughter. That I wasn't a good parent if I gave into my physical needs of pregnancy, but my little girl proved me wrong.

2: Yoga is good for the mind body and soul
At 7 months pregnant, I realize how strained my body has become. Before pregnancy I was a physically fit and an energetic woman. I exercised 4 times a week and walked/hiked my dog every day. Tiredness was never a concern. I had an endless supply of energy. But being 7 months pregnant at 30 with my second baby has changed all that! I wake up with sore legs, backs and tired muscles. I feel as if I've run a marathon, but all I did the day before was care and play with my little girl. I do not want my daughter's life to change drastically because I am pregnant. So to refresh my mind body and soul I practice light yoga for maternity every other morning. I find a quit spot in my house, for me that's the conservatory, I play relaxing music like Enya and allow my body and mind to become one as I stretch and relax my muscles. For a pregnant woman this is like drinking a can of red bull!

About the Author: Rebecca is currently 7 months pregnant expecting a beautiful baby boy July 4, 2010. From now till due date, she will be moving from her home in England to Singapore. Joining her will be her 4-year-old daughter, Penelope, and her husband, Dave. The rest of the team at Inspired Gifts wishes Rebecca a stress free and relaxing journey. Good luck, Becky!!!

No comments: